Students coming to our international summer schools from some countries will require a visa to come to the United Kingdom. You can check with the British consulate or embassy in your home country to see whether this applies, or visit Check UK Visa
If you do require a visa, the type of visa needed is a Short Term Study (child) visa. You should not apply for a Tier 4 Student or Tier 4 (Child) Student Visa. To come to the United Kingdom as a Short Term Study visitor you must be able to show that the child:
- has been offered a place on a course in the UK at an accredited place of study for a limited period, not exceeding 6 months;
- has a parent/guardian that agrees to them travelling and can financially support them;
- does not intend to seek private medical treatment during the visit (other than in an emergency);
- does not intend to take employment in the United Kingdom;
- is under the age of 18;
- can demonstrate that suitable arrangements have been made for travel to and from the United Kingdom and that reception and care in the United Kingdom have been arranged for the duration of the stay;
- has a parent or guardian in the child’s home country or country of habitual residence who is responsible for his or her care.
To aid in the visa process, KMN International Ltd will provide a Visa Support Letter once we have received the deposit payment. The Visa Support Letter will contain the following information:
- Full name
- Passport number
- The start and finish dates of the course and the full address of the school at which the child will be attending
- The total cost of the course
- Confirmation that the course is residential with all meals included, confirmation of the educational institution the student will attend and activities are included.
The Visa Support Letter will be sent to you by post.
It is important to note that depending on the country, visa applications can take around 20 working days (or 3-4 weeks). If your child requires a visa you are advised to begin the visa application process as early as possible – most embassies/consulates will accept visa applications up to 3 months prior to the proposed date of travel. Once the visa is obtained you will need to email us with a scanned copy of the child’s passport and the visa. Also, it may be necessary for your child to attend an interview at your local UK foreign mission.
If the Short Term Study (Child) visa application is refused, then provided we receive a valid visa refusal letter, a full refund will be issued, with deduction of a £200 administration fee. No refund will be given in the instance where one or more of these criteria is not met:
The visa application must be made with sufficient time prior to the arrival date to allow for the length of application time as indicated by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
All necessary documentation must be provided as indicated by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)
The parent/guardian must be able to demonstrate that all necessary steps were taken to obtain the correct visa. For more information on applying for a visa see the links below:
Study Vist Visa